Do you want to build a textile design business from the ground up or revamp your existing business? Then join us for the eight-week Building Your Textile Design Business self-study course. Since it’s a self-study course, you can start whenever you want and do it all on your own time. Watch the video above or read the details below and then join us!
In this course I share:
* How to build a business that is going to stand the test of time. I have met countless designers who rush into the “fun parts” of business development: branding, marketing, blogging etc., only to realize six months later that they built a business that will not make enough money, is too time consuming or that they do not have a passion for continuing. Through thought provoking questions and one-on-one guidance we will develop the right business for you!
* How to develop a portfolio that is going to bring in more clients. This lesson includes tips to editing your portfolio and why this step is so important to presenting yourself as a professional, how to create a sense of flow and movement through your portfolio, and what portfolio components are key to a professional portfolio, but are usually overlooked by designers.
* How to create a consulting based business that clients return to season after season. I share the entire process, from pricing your work to developing prints that your clients are going to adore and the “extras” that every designer should be offering their clients. If you have ever dreamed of starting a consulting based design business then you are going to love this lesson!
* Tips to finding the right agent for your business and how to approach this agent in a professional manner. I also share the eight details that many designers overlook when signing contracts.
* How to price and sell your work in the textile design industry, which sales options are right for your business, steps required before approaching manufacturers, how to develop your seasonal print plan and how to prepare your artwork for presentation & sale.
As part of this course, you’ll receive:
* The Building Your Textile Design Business book, which is a 72 page guide through the textile design industry
* 7 video tutorials, which are each between 30-60 minutes long
* Weekly assignments, checklists and other bonuses to guide you step by step through the entire process
* A 20 minute one-on-one mentorship session with myself and access to 3 monthly group coaching calls
* An online portfolio review
* An exclusive branding presentation by Debbie Van de Van from Work Your Art
* Your personal copy of Flaunt, by Under Consideration
* Your personal copy of How to Maximize Your Time & Investment at Trade Shows, by Tara Reed
* 3 months free access to the Pattern Observer membership community, which includes a private forum and gallery for sharing artwork, as well as exclusive design tutorials, expert advice and a live monthly Q&A group coaching call! You’ll receive access to the course as soon as you register. Join us today!
“If you are interested in selling your art outright or doing a combination of licensing and selling, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you check out this course.” – Tara Reed of the Art of Licensing
“This course is inspiring, thoughtful, accessible and positive. Thank you! As a visual artist who is looking to move into textile design it is immensely helpful. As a human being looking to have more successes, it is an encouraging and hopeful program. What a resource.” – Pattie Lee Becker