Guest Post Criteria
We love featuring guest posts on Pattern Observer! Our aim is to empower, inspire and promote those in the textile design community and all content should be in agreement with this goal. The site administrator will have final approval on all content published on PO. Please submit the finalized post when submitting your guest post pitch or idea–we need to see finalized copy and images to judge whether the post will be right for our audience. After reviewing our post criteria, submissions can be sent here.
All Guest Posts must comply with the following criteria:
1. Guest Posts must be original works that have not been previously published on any website, forum, chat or social media site.
2. Content must be your own work. Plagiarism or copyright infringement is not permitted.
3. When quoting others, please cite the source.
4. Once the post has been submitted to PO you may not publish the post anywhere online, in part or in whole, including your own website.
5. You may promote your Guest Post on your own website, Twitter, Facebook, or other social media forums.
6. Guest Post writer may submit a short bio (50 words or less). Writer may provide a photo but it is not guaranteed to be included. PO will not create a bio for Guest Post writer.
7. Guest Posts shall include images/video under the following circumstances:
a. The Guest Post writer must credit and include links to all images
b. PO reserves the right to change the image/video
c. Images must be 1000 px in width
d. All images must be copyright free OR the writer must have received written permission from the image owner.
8. Guest Post writers will receive the writing credit as author of their post.
9. All Guest Posts will be reviewed and approved by PO prior to posting.
10. PO reserves the right to edit posts where necessary to ensure the post is consistent with the values of PO.
11. PO reserves the right to refuse publication or remove the guest post without prior notice to the guest writer.
12. If being paid, Guest Post writers must submit an invoice at the end of each month. PO will pay upon receipt.