Pattern Observer Features & Guests Posts
Thanks for your interest in collaborating with the Pattern Observer community. Pattern Observer accepts contributions from textile design, surface pattern design, art licensing, illustration, and commercial art professionals.
What to Write About
We are currently accepting these two post types:
- Designer features: highlight your work or the work of a designer you admire (with their permission)
- Guest posts: pick an industry related topic or experience you would like to share with the community.
Post Guidelines (both Designer Features & Guest Posts)
Please read these guidelines carefully. Posts that do not follow our guidelines will not be approved.
- We are looking for well-written, high-quality posts. We recommend sending your post to an editor or using Grammarly before submitting your post for approval.
- Blog posts accepted for publication must be exclusive to Pattern Observer and 100% original.
- Posts must be pitch-free. You are welcome to link to your website in your bio, but no sales pitches, please.
- Our minimum post length is 500 words.
- Please write an excerpt (maximum: 25 words) for your post. We will use this excerpt for SEO and social media purposes.
- Within your post, please link to one Pattern Observer blog post or page. This will improve the likelihood that your post can be found through Google search!
- Please submit at least five images for designer feature posts and at least three images for guest posts.
- We prefer to see your patterns or photos, but royalty-free photos from sites such as Unsplash are also acceptable.
- Once your post is approved, you’ll be asked to apply your images to our social media templates.
Designer feature posts are an opportunity for designers to share what they are creating with the community. You can find previous examples here.
Not sure what to write? Our community would love to learn about:
- Your background and how you became interested in textile or surface pattern design.
- The types of patterns you create and why your work is meaningful to you.
- Your process. What techniques and tools are you using to create your patterns?
- Your revenue streams. How are you currently getting your work out into the world?
- Where you find inspiration.
- What recommendations or tips do you have for the community?
After reviewing our post guidelines above, you may submit your designer feature post here.
Guest posts are an opportunity for you to share your expertise with the community.
Before starting your post, you are welcome to send your topic idea to firstname.lastname@example.org The team will be in touch if they think your topic is a good fit for the community.
Not sure what to write about? We are currently looking for guest posts on design techniques, sales and marketing strategies, your experiences within the industry, sustainability within the textile industry, NFTs, trade shows, print on demand, working with agents, contacting manufacturers, social media, and other ideas related to our industry.
Submitting Your Guest Post
Once your topic is approved, please review the post guidelines mentioned above.
In addition to these requirements, guest posters should also submit a photo and short bio. This will be displayed at the end of your post.
After reviewing our post guidelines above, you may submit your guest post here.