Hello! This is Michelle Fifis and I want to thank you for taking an interest in The Sellable Sketch. What I love about this self-study course is that it begins immediately and you can watch the videos and work through the projects at your own pace! Each week you will receive a new lesson which includes a video tutorial, project assignments, downloadable templates and a chapter for your workbook. There are a slew of bonus guides included and I am proud to announce that the course is being re-released after major updates for Adobe CS6! All for $180.00. Join us here.
A few years ago I left a corporate job to launch my freelance business and I was so excited! I got my office set up, I registered my business and when I sat down to design I felt absolutely lost. For years I had been told what to design and I knew the style of prints that I was expected to create, but when left on my own I was absolutely clueless! So after weeks of little to no productivity I said OK, I need to go about this in a different way. I thought about how I work the best, when I am the most productive and the system that I developed is the one that I now share through The Sellable Sketch course.
In The Sellable Sketch you’ll learn:
* What elements lead to a successful print collection
* The importance of staying true to your artistic style and the 3 steps to discovering your style
* How to pick appropriate trends and inspiration sources for your target market
* How to develop a print from sketch to digital file in both Illustrator and Photoshop
* Tips and tricks to developing a print color palette
* The common mistake that designers make when developing print coordinates
Ready to get started? Join us here.
This course was designed for passionate designers who:
* Want to learn how to turn a sketch into a sellable print collection
* Need help discovering or rediscovering their personal style
* Are unsure how to target their ideal customer
* Simply need a boost to their business and a systematic way of working season after season
When you register for The Sellable Sketch you’ll get:
* 5 downloadable tutorials which you can work through with every new collection you create!
Lesson One: Finding Your Style (10:00)
Lesson Two: Know Thyself, Know Thy Consumer (13:24)
Lesson Three: The Backbeat (11:41)
Lesson Four: Your Moneymaker Print
a. Introduction (8:11)
b. Creating Your Document in Illustrator (2:05)
c. Developing Your Color Palette using Adobe Kuler (3:10)
d. Using Image Trace in Illustrator (7:00)
e. Using the Pen, Pencil & Brush Tools in Illustrator (7:48)
f. Print Layout in Illustrator (8:53)
g. Preparing Your Illustrator File for Sale (4:14)
h. Quick Start Guide to Preparing A Hand-Painted Design for Sale in Photoshop (6:23)
i. Preparing Your Sketch in Photoshop (5:50)
j. Print Layout in Photoshop (6:08)
k. Using Filters in Photoshop (5:36)
l. Indexing in Photoshop (10:15)
Lesson Five: Print Coordinates (7:01)
* The Sellable Sketch Workbook
* A copy of The Sellable Sketch Resource Guide, which includes a list of my favorite books, web tools, printers and studio databases
* A copy of The Sellable Sketch Next Steps Guide. This guide is a goldmine and includes 30 action steps to boosting your surface design business!
* Access to The Sellable Sketch Linkedin group. This a member’s only group, which allows for a lifetime of support, guidance, feedback and networking.
All for $180.00. Ready to get started? Join us here.
Here is what people are saying about the course:
I just wanted to say thanks for your classes and the help you have given. I sold the work I did for the class, to the exact client I was pitching to! Things have gotten really busy and I just don’t think I would have had the confidence to get to this stage without the information that you were happy to share.” – Katy Beeson
“This class is bringing focus to “what do I design next.” By understanding a targeted customer, specific industry, and gaining knowledge of trends, I have the tools to create a collection.” – Nancy Smith
“This class is perfect for anyone that wants to take a serious in depth look at the work they are doing and who they are doing it for.”- Jamie Kalvestran
“When I finished my degree in Illustration a couple of years ago I felt quite lost and without direction. I’ve lost a bit of confidence. Most of the projects I’ve worked on I have incorporated patterns but this course has given me the confidence, help, support and tools to create patterns with a strong concept/brief.” – Claire
“I would love to recommend this class to my fellow college graduates, many of whom want to work as freelancers, but have gotten a bit caught up in side jobs and even the “comfort” of unemployment checks.” - Michelle Clements
“I am more confident, clear, focused and ready for the reality of taking off with printing my design sketches.” – Luisa Franco
What is not covered in this course:
* Repeats. To learn repeat essentials please check out The Ultimate Guide to Repeats
* Marketing. To learn how to market yourself and grow your textile design business please check out Building Your Textile Design Business
* Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop Basics. If you are interested in expanding your adobe skills I encourage you to Register to receive a 7-day free trial to lynda.com- This is one of the top photoshop and illustrator training resources out in the market. The tutorials are easy to follow, high quality and very affordable!
* Art Licensing- If you are interested in learning how to license your artwork I highly recommend Tara Reed’s ebooks. They are informative and well worth the investment.
Ready to get started? Join us here.